- This event has passed.
Cider Making Workshop – February 13th
February 13, 2017 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm$40
Join us at The Homebrewer while our own local award winning cider maker and homebrewer, Kelly Debbink, guides us through an exploration of craft cider.
You will learn about the history and production of Cider while sampling examples of different styles from around the world. We will also teach you an easy step-by-step method for crafting cider at home. There is even an option to leave with all the supplies required to make your own 1 gallon batch of cider.
– Cider Flight
– History of Cider
– Crafting Ciders: Old World, Artisan, and Basic Methods
– Examining and Improving Cider Fermentations
– Basic Primer on Adding Herbs/Spices to your Cider
– Step by Step Walk Through of Making Your Own Cider
Two ticket options:
– Class and Equipment option $65 (1gal glass fermenter, juice, yeast, sanitizer, nutrient, and airlock)
– Class Only $40 (Multiple samples of craft cider and lecture. No equipment or juice)
*please note this workshop covers alcoholic, or “hard cider”.
21+ w/ valid ID
Sunday February 13th 6:30-9:00pm