Join us at The Homebrewer while guest lecturer Brian Trout, a local award winning cider maker, homebrewer, and competition judge, guides us through an exploration of craft cider.
In this cider workshop you will learn about the history and production of Cider while sampling examples of different styles from around the world. We will also teach you an easy step-by-step method for crafting cider at home. There is even an option to leave with all the supplies required to make your own cider at home!
– Premium Cider Flight
– History of Cider
– Crafting Ciders: Old World, Artisan, and Basic Methods
– Examining and Improving Cider Fermentations
– Basic Primer on Adding Herbs/Spices to your Cider
– Step by Step Walk Through of Making Your Own Cider
When: July 28 (Sat) 10:30a-1:00p
Two ticket options:
– Class and Equipment option $75 (1gal glass fermenter, juice, yeast, sanitizer, nutrient, and airlock)
– Class Only $45 (Multiple samples of craft cider and lecture. No equipment or juice)
*please note this workshop covers alcoholic, or “hard cider”.
You must be 21+ w/ valid ID in order to enjoy the flight.