Making The Wort
- Prepare a bucket with Sanitizer
- Bring 2.5 gal of Water to ~155 F
- Put Another 3 gal of bottled (or pre boiled) water in the freezer
- Put Steeping Grains in the muslin grain bag and add to water for 15-20 min
- Occasionally Stir, Gently and try to maintain 155 F using very low heat
- Remove grain bag and let drip dry. Do Not Squeeze!
- Add Extract and Bring to a boil
- watch out for the Boil Over, It will happen….
- Add Bittering Hops and start a timer for 60 Minutes
- Stir Often
- Add remaining hops according to boil times list.
- Times indicated are a count down within the 60 min total boil time
- When the timer is up, remove the pot from heat and place in an ice bath
- Kitchen Sink or a tub works well
- Add previously chilled water after about 5-10 minutes
- Transfer wort to fermenter, splashing vigorously to aerate.
- Add Yeast when wort is below 80 F
- Enjoy the show over the next 2 weeks!
- The yeast will be quite active while its turning your Wort into Beer so pay attention and don’t let the airlock get clogged with foam (krausen)
- Boil 3.75 oz of sugar in 2 cups of water for 10-15 minutes
- Cool to room temp and add to bottom of sanitized bottling bucket
- Transfer the Beer to the bucket Gently
- Be careful not to disturb the sediment at the bottom of your fermenter
- Use the spigot and bottling wand to fill your bottles and cap
- Wait 2-3 weeks for carbonation to build, chill and enjoy!
- Make sure to pour your delicious beer into the proper glassware as there will likely be some sediment in the bottles.
Questions? Don’t Panic…. Give us a ringy dingy (619)450-6165