Join us as our resident cider expert, Brian Trout, walks us through a rundown on what we can do with cider once the fermentation is through, and how we can make a better product via blending, adding fruits & spices, and acid & tannin balancing.
We will provide the cider, as well as various fruits, flavors, tinctures, acids, and walk you through using and experimenting with them. In the end, you’ll get to make your very own blended, balanced and/or flavored cider.
We will provide some snacks and other palette cleansers to help you along with your experimentation.
We will be learning the “black arts” of cider making — Blending, Balancing, and Making Special Ciders — by doing it all in this class. Complexity, Acids, Tannins, Backsweetening, and Specialty Custom Ciders on the fly. Fun for all levels. – This is the follow up to those Cider Making Workshops.
Join us at The Homebrewer while guest instructor and local award winning cider maker, homebrewer, and competition judge Brian Trout guides us through an exploration of craft cider.
You will learn about the history and production of Cider while sampling examples of different styles from around the world. We will also teach you an easy step-by-step method for crafting cider at home. There is even an option to leave with all the supplies required to make your own 1 gallon batch of cider.
– Cider Flight
– History of Cider
– Crafting Ciders: Old World, Artisan, and Basic Methods
– Examining and Improving Cider Fermentations
– Basic Primer on Adding Herbs/Spices to your Cider
– Step by Step Walk Through of Making Your Own Cider
Two ticket options:
– Class and Equipment option $75 (1gal glass fermenter, juice, yeast, sanitizer, nutrient, and airlock)
– Class Only $45 (Multiple samples of craft cider and lecture. No equipment or juice)
*please note this workshop covers alcoholic, or “hard cider”.